Acumatica is a popular cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that is used by businesses of all sizes to manage their financial, supply chain, and project accounting processes. As with any software, it is important for users to have a good understanding of how to use it effectively in order to get the most value out of it. In this article, we will discuss the different kinds of Acumatica training options available, the benefits of having trained employees, and how to choose the right partner to train you should you go that route.
Benefits of Acumatica-Trained Employees
- Improved productivity: Trained employees are able to use the software more efficiently and effectively, which can lead to improved productivity.
- Increased accuracy: Training can help employees understand how to properly enter and manage data, which can lead to increased accuracy in financial and operational reporting.
- Enhanced decision-making: Trained employees are able to use the software’s various reporting and analysis tools to make more informed decisions.
- Reduced errors: Training can help employees avoid common mistakes and errors, which can save time and reduce frustration.
- Greater adoption: Employees who are trained on the software are more likely to use it regularly and effectively, leading to greater adoption of the software within the organization.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Trained employees are able to provide better service to customers, which can lead to improved customer satisfaction.
- Competitive advantage: Having a team of trained Acumatica users can give your organization a competitive advantage by enabling you to make better use of the software’s capabilities.
- Potential cost savings: Training can help employees use the software more efficiently, which can lead to potential cost savings for the organization.
Acumatica Training Options
Acumatica University is the official training and certification program for Acumatica. Acumatica University is a free resource that is provided to all Acumatica users and partners. This resource is actually a unique value offering to choosing the Acumatica platform as not every Cloud ERP offers this level of training for free. They offer a range of courses, including live, online courses and self-paced courses. Acumatica University should be the first stop for all users and employers who want to have trained employees. Acumatica University can be used to supplement any of the other Acumatica training options on this list. You can find more information and a course catalog at the following link: https://openuni.acumatica.com/
Pros of Acumatica University
- Official training: Acumatica University is the official training program for Acumatica, so you can be confident that you are receiving accurate and up-to-date information on how to use the software.
- Wide range of courses: Acumatica University offers a wide range of courses covering various aspects of the software, so you can choose the courses that are most relevant to your needs.
- Flexibility: Acumatica University offers both live, online courses and self-paced courses, so you can choose the option that best fits your schedule and learning style.
- Certification: If you are interested in obtaining an Acumatica certification, Acumatica University offers courses that prepare you for the certification exam.
- Support: Acumatica University provides support to learners, including access to a community of fellow learners and the ability to ask questions of the instructor.
- Convenience: Acumatica University courses are available online, so you can participate from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Cost: Acumatica University courses are free
Cons of Acumatica University
- Limited instructor interaction: Depending on the course format you choose, you may have limited interaction with the instructor. For example, self-paced courses may not include live Q&A sessions or personalized feedback.
- Certification fees: Obtaining an Acumatica certification may require an additional fee beyond the cost of the training course.
- Prerequisites: Some courses may have prerequisites, such as prior experience with Acumatica or other software.
- Limited customization: Acumatica University courses are designed to meet the needs of a broad audience, so they may not be fully customized to meet the specific needs of your organization.
Acumatica Training Partners
Many Acumatica partners offer training courses on various aspects of the software. These courses may be offered in person or online. You can find a list of Acumatica partners on the following page: https://www.acumatica.com/partners/
Pros of Using an Acumatica Partner
- Expertise: Many Acumatica partners are experts in the software and can provide real-world examples and insights.
- Customization: Acumatica partners may be able to customize their training to meet the specific needs of your organization.
- Hands-on experience: Some Acumatica partners may offer hands-on exercises or case studies as part of their training, which can be a valuable way to apply what you have learned.
- Flexibility: Acumatica partners may offer a range of training options, including live, online courses, self-paced courses, and on-site training, so you can choose the option that best fits your schedule and learning style.
- Support: Acumatica partners may provide support to learners, such as access to a community of fellow learners or the ability to ask questions of the instructor.
- Convenience: Acumatica partners may offer training online or in-person, so you can choose the option that is most convenient for you.
Cons of Using an Acumatica Partner
- Limited course offerings: Depending on the partner you choose, they may only offer a limited range of courses.
- Time commitment: Some training courses offered by Acumatica partners may require a significant time commitment, which may not be feasible for busy schedules.
- Cost: Training through an Acumatica partner may be more expensive than some other training options, such as self-paced courses offered through Acumatica University.
Online training platforms
There are a number of online training platforms that offer courses on Acumatica, such as LinkedIn Learning and Udemy. These courses are often self-paced and may be less expensive than courses offered directly through Acumatica or its partners.
Pros of Using an Online Training Platform
- Wide range of courses: Online training platforms often offer a wide range of courses on Acumatica and other topics.
- Flexibility: Online training platforms typically offer self-paced courses, so you can work at your own pace and fit the training into your schedule.
- Convenience: Online training platforms are accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, making them convenient for learners who may not be able to attend in-person training.
- Cost: Online training platforms may offer courses at a lower cost than some other training options, such as on-site training or custom training options.
- Range of instructor expertise: Online training platforms may offer courses taught by a range of instructors with different levels of expertise and real-world experience.
Cons of Using an Online Training Platform
- Limited instructor interaction: Just like with Acumatica University, there will be little interaction with a real world instructor.
- Limited customization: Again, just like with Acumatica University, the user does not have control over the courses available.
- Quality of instruction: The quality of instruction may vary among online training courses, and it may be difficult to determine the expertise of the instructor before purchasing a course.
- No hands-on experience: Some courses may not include hands-on exercises or case studies, which can be a valuable way to apply what you have learned.
Acumatica Training Books
There are also a number of books available that provide information on using Acumatica. These resources can be a good supplement to formal training, but may not provide the same level of interactive learning and support as a structured training course. Some examples include:
“Acumatica Complete Guide 2021”
“Acumatica’s Beginner Guide -Third Edition”
Pros of Using a Book
- Self-paced learning: Books allow you to learn at your own pace and work through the material at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- Cost: Books are generally less expensive than other training options, such as live, online courses or on-site training. Books are the second cheapest option with Acumatica University only being less expensive.
- Portability: Books can be taken with you wherever you go, so you can study wherever is convenient for you.
- Reference material: Books can be useful reference materials that you can refer back to after you have completed the training.
- Variety of topics: There are a number of books available on various aspects of Acumatica, so you can choose the ones that are most relevant to your needs.
Cons of Using a Book
- No instructor interaction: Books do not provide the opportunity for live Q&A sessions or personalized feedback from an instructor.
- Quality of instruction: The quality of instruction may vary among books, and it may be difficult to determine the expertise of the author before purchasing a book.
- No hands-on experience: Some books may not include hands-on exercises or case studies, which can be a valuable way to apply what you have learned.
How to Choose the Right Acumatica Training Partner
If after going through the options above you do decide to use an Acumatica partner to supplement your Acumatica training, here are some things to look for in the right training partner:
- Course content: Make sure the course covers the topics you are interested in learning. Some courses may be more focused on certain aspects of Acumatica, such as financials or project accounting, while others may cover a wider range of topics.
- Instructor expertise: Look for a course taught by instructors who have experience using Acumatica and can provide real-world examples and insights.
- Interactive learning: Consider a course that offers hands-on exercises or case studies to give you the opportunity to apply what you have learned.
- Flexibility: Look for a course that fits your schedule and learning style. Some courses may be offered in a live, online format, while others may be self-paced.
- Certification: If you are interested in obtaining an Acumatica certification, make sure the course you choose prepares you for the certification exam.
- Support: Look for a course that offers support, such as access to a community of fellow learners or the ability to ask questions of the instructor.
In conclusion, Acumatica training is an important investment for organizations using the software. There are a variety of training options available, including live, online courses, self-paced courses, on-site training, books, and online resources. Each option has its own benefits and drawbacks, and the best choice for you will depend on your learning style, schedule, and budget. By investing in the training of your employees, you can improve productivity, increase accuracy, enhance decision-making, reduce errors, and gain a competitive advantage.
If you have any questions or have something to share about your experience with Acumatica training, please leave a comment below. Also, if you need help with an Acumatica project, you can reach out to the beacn team for assistance.